Frederick Footman, c. 1890
Elkus Manfredi, renovation and conversion, 2006
Preservation Achievement Award, 2008
This handsome brewery complex was active up to Prohibition in 1920, and then briefly thereafter. The Italianate offices to the east include massive arches of local granite, while the large manufacturing and storage buildings to the west show attractive brick details.
The brewery has been converted to luxury condominiums, making good use of the interior courtyard and open plan buildings.
Source: Jamaica Plain Historical Society; "Buildings of Massachusetts," Morgan et al, 2009.